Carpal tunnel syndrome is a disorder that causes tingling, weakness, or numbness in your hand. Sometimes, the condition can be severe enough that you may need to seek further treatment. At Lifetime Chiropractic Center in Milwaukee, we can provide expert carpel tunnel treatment to get you on the road to recovery. We provide non-invasive treatment for patients suffering from carpal tunnel to help get them back to living pain-free.
What Is Carpel Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpel tunnel is a condition known as median nerve compression. Tissues that surround tendons begin to swell after injury or repetitive use occurs. This eventually puts pressure on the median nerve. When pressure is exerted on the median nerve this can cause pain and functional problems in the wrist and hand.
What Are the Symptoms?
Symptoms associated with carpel tunnel can be mild or severe depending on the patient. The following are some of the primary symptoms associated with this condition.
- Pain – Pain or burning sensations can be mild or more severe. Pain often starts in the fingers and is felt up the arm towards the shoulder.
- Weakness – This might include easily dropping objects and not being able to lift the same amount of weight as before.
- Numbness and Tingling – A tingling sensation may travel from the fingers, wrist, and along the arm. Numbness may increase as the condition worsens.
What Carpel Tunnel Treatment Is Available?
Our team offers several non-invasive options for treating carpel tunnel syndrome. We will diagnose the condition using x-rays, ultrasound, or an MRI. Carpal tunnel treatment may include any of the following:
- Massage Therapy – Massages can help reduce numbness, pain, and inflammation.
- Ice Therapy – Cold treatments may reduce inflammation and pain in the hand and wrist area.
- Exercise Program – Our team can teach individual exercises that you can do at home to relieve symptoms. Wrist extension stretches, wrist flexion stretches, and medial nerve glides are all effective in finding relief from carpal tunnel symptoms.
- Vertebra Realignment – A misaligned vertebra sometimes affects nerves in the arms and hands. Realignment may help to reduce the symptoms.
How We Can Help
Lifetime Chiropractic Center in Milwaukee offers extensive services and treatment options for carpel tunnel syndrome. We can provide chiropractic care, physical therapy and rehabilitation, custom orthotics, and nutritional counseling. We can provide individualized treatment plans for the entire family, including pregnancy care. Do not let carpel tunnel control your life. Call us at (414) 643-6000 in Milwaukee today to see how we can help you with your carpal tunnel.